Wednesday, May 21, 2008

After one year & four months, Dhiraagu realised the domain co.mv was sold by mistake .

I submitted the domain registration application to Dhiraagu head office on December 2006. On 27th December 2006 I received the welcome message from Dhiraagu Customer services, mentioning, the domain was active in their registry and to contact them if I want point the domain to a name server. So I sent mail to do the task and it completed smoothly.

On February 2008, my domain stop working properly, so I checked the domain status and found that the domain was pointed to Dhiraagu Name server. So whenever I try to visits the my site, www.co.mv . It’s showing default space holder of Dhivehinet webhosting. Immediately I called them and checked why it’s pointed Dhiraagu Name server. They said they don’t know the problem, it’s working fine in their side. I asked them to fixed it, after two days again it’s pointed back to our name server.

Later on March 2008, a guy called from Dhiraagu, and said he is the manger want talk about the domain without even saying if I have time to talk about it. Unfortunately I was busy working in the office. I told him I was busy, then I told him to call me on next day at 5:00pm, he said ok. Since then I heard no news from them. Again on April 6th he called while I was in a seminar, I told him the condition he said ok, he said he will call me on next day. Again no news from them. At the beginning of May 2008 he called me , and asked me if I have time to talk about it, then he said the domain co.mv was issued by a technical mistake, they found the mistake in a security audit, so he will cease it immediately. I was surprised to hear the news. I couldn’t believe my ears. I told him no. Then he said he will send me a letter stating the case.

On 14th May 2008 when I came home around 5:00pm I found lletter on my table. It was addressed to me. I thought it was another funny scam mail from Nigeria. Recently I have been getting funny and suspicious mail from abroad. Quickly I opened the letter. It’s from Dhiraagu Customer Service, It says the domain www.co.mv was issued not according to the ICANN policy, & it was registered by an error. So they will cancel the domain on 1st June 2008. There were two postpaid numbers mention in the letter to call them if I want talk about the case. It looks suspicious, I decided not to call them. I rang 123, after about 7 minutes they answered me, I gave the letter reference number to check if the letter is from Dhiraagu. Unfortunately they said they cannot check it, and told me to call during the business hours. As I don’t have much time to solve the case before the deadline, again I asked the customer service assistant to give me some hints to check if the letter was genuine. So she asked me to check if it has the Dhiraggu landline number, fax, company name “Dhiraagu Pvt Ltd”, in the letter , non of them match with the one I received.

So on Saturday I am planning to go to Dhiraagu with the letter to check if it is genuine. If it is genuine I will write a letter to Dhiraagu to clearly explain the stated ICANN policy or the specific clauses. Read More Article about co.mv from www.helpedy.com

Source: http://helpedy.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HELLO, COULD YOU REMOVE THIS ARTICLE FROM YOUR BLOG. Please, I im trouble, please remove the article.

Unknown said...

add me on msn edy@co.mv, i will explain,